Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Running out of sick days ??

"You're going to run out of sick days ,..lol" my sister wrote on MSN. Well, no, not really. Because here I am again. It's a Tuesday (my Monday) and this is the first day I had have to call in sick for the week. My husband and I both felt sick on Thursday near choir time, only I showed symptoms first. Sore throat and then sinuses clogged and you know the rest... I went to work on Saturday and spent the next 2 days in bed, my "weekend". And I convince "husband" to stay home. Not because I'm selfish or lonely, but he started to loose his voice as a result of his sore throat.

On Saturday, I came home wiped. I wasn't feeling so great, and I'm covering the whole building. The last thing I did before I left was counsel a family about the death of a 30 something year old male. His wife was just lost. Their whole families were showing up and she was just beside herself. I felt so bad for all of them, the mother, his wife... and the fact that I wasn't in Winnipeg for a family funeral didn't help either. They wanted to know what was next. So I had to tell them about funeral process and hospital policy,etc. Then I went home and hugged my husband (after scolding him for doing nothing all day because he too was sick, but I went to work, and he didn't even make supper ...) and told him I have no idea what life would be like without him. To lose someone when they are young... But to loose someone too soon. I don't know what is worse. So running out of sick days... no. Even if I did, I'd rather take care of myself so that I can take care of my husband as well as look after my patients and those I met in the course of my day.


No comments: