Friday, February 17, 2006

Hate being Sick

I am sick. And I hate being sick. I have had a cold for the past week and I have been awake since 3 am. Ticking me off. I only went back to work on Wednesday and then I was there yesterday and now, Friday, I am not going in. What is the point? I am too tired or will be later, and I am not allowed to see patients as I am sick. Ironic. I work in healthcare and there is very little I can do at work if I am sick. No paperwork left, etc.

Being sick you get to stay home, veg on the couch, catch up on TV or read, or sleep. But I get bored after a few days. Not being able to eat doesn't help either. I suppose I could use this time to clean my apartment and continue purging my stuff. I am getting married and hence I have to move in 6 months. But I am a pack rat. I keep cutesy things, and paper. You know, the phone numbers you think you need. That article that was cool, but you've never read it. Things like that. So I have to purge things so that in 6 months, after the wedding is over, I can just throw a few things in a box and drive it over to the new place. And some days, I shake my head at all the stuff I have and wonder what I was thinking, while other days I can't imagine not keeping it. "It's still good you know." You would think that I would learn after moving around for the past 15 years. I have discovered that when you move into a place you think you don't have enough to fill it up.. okay, maybe it's just me... but when I move out, I'm appalled at the things I have accumulated.

Well I suppose I should get started on something... that or go back to bed and see if I can catch up on some sleep that I missed out on this morning.

No comments: