Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Extravagant "mis" direction

This is a weird news item, but not really classified as such. I thought it "unusual". I read the CBC news site from PEI, where I grew up, and today I saw this article about a woman who is donating her clothing to homeless in BC. Kind of odd if you think about it. True, there are more homeless people here and it is a documented fact. But it is still a bit unusual to send clothing from one end of the country to the other. Especially considering they are sending it via truck. The price of generosity. My thinking is that, sure these homeless people need help, but what about the ones that were in her region. They aren't exactly visible. Nor are most homeless persons. (not everyone lives on the street.. some crash on couches etc. But I'm sure there are better ways to "give" and less expensive.

No comments: