Friday, June 16, 2006

5 People you meet in Heaven

My book club is doing 5 People you meet in Heaven. I bought this book a long time ago and they recently had it on TV again. So let's talk about this book. It is by the same writer who wrote "Tuesdays with Morrie" also made into a movie. This book is about Eddie, who works at an amusement park and dies in a freak accident. He is a grumpy old man who is mad at a lot of things, and mostly mad because he feels he never accomplished much with his life. He didn't go anywhere, didn't achieve awards, didn't really leave the place he grew up except to go to war. In Heaven, he meets 5 people who explain certain events about his life, and this is supposed to help him understand why some things happened the way they did.

The book is interesting and I underlined different parts (in pencil of course!)

Oh I have to digress for a minute though. You know how you start singing in your head.. well I have been singing a song I learned at camp I think...
Heaven is a wonderful place, filled with His Glory and grace, I want to see my Savior's face. heaven is a wonderful place.

No comments: