Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blustery Day and the results of Nature



It is interesting what things remind you of. Today, I am reminded of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.

Today has been very windy and rainy. Umbrellas broken and people almost blown over... and when I got home, well.. there was a tree blocking the road and sidewalk. It had fallen onto the road and covered a truck and a car. A few hours later the road crews came to clear it. The area was sectioned off with the yellow "Caution" tape but people drove through it and onto the curb anyways. The branches were thicker than my wrists and people still drove through it. I was in the middle of the road/tree, taking pictures when a car came right at me. I waved him to stop and he finally did about 2 feet from me. Then he gave this "what the..." look while he was on his cellphone.. and then DROVE over the tree branches and curb and went on his speeding way... people in BC are crazy.

No comments: