Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Game time!!



When I was younger, my family had a tradition on the weekends. We would haul out a game on either Friday or Saturday night. There would be popcorn or something, and we would spend an evening playing Clue, or Parcheesi, Sorry and a host of others. I remember these times with a smile. As this is a tradition that I intend to continue.


My latest acquistions, as of last night, are Cranium and Trivial Pursuit of the 80's version.
Some games are timeless. I look forward to a group of friends getting together for game night.

The important thing to note about playing a game.. is to play for fun. True, it feels great to win. But I think the important point is to play. I can't remember what the score was for the last game of Dutch Blitz but I do know that I had fun. And I could play all day and not care about winning or losing a game as long as it is fun. There is just something about games that brings out the child (hopefully not childishness) in people.


No comments: